meta - phorical / amphetamine

Stream of good chemicals, coursing through my veins, tickling my nerves.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Nothing to write about while I wait to feel sleepy

Closing eyes, drifting away. Bring on the subconcious, check my visa and stamp my passport, I'm on the way to Peacefulla'blivion. Subconcious leads the way, a good guide. In a strange land where the locals speak in no known language, yet are totally understandable. They're telling me things of importance, and things of absolutely no consequence. Some are warnings, warnings I maybe refused to heed the first time. Warnings being re-told. Subconcious leads on, grabbing me by my hand and pulling me off my legs. I'm floating, I can see far below, there are people down there who can't see me. They're so busy with their lives, their treadmills of lives. I want to wake them up so they can dream. I want to shake them from their production lines and their predefined routes. I want to put a roadblock up on their usual highway so that they can travel down the lanes where the leafy trees grow, where the houses are open and children play in the front gardens. Where there are no stop streets or traffic lights, just you, your journey and time to look around and soak up all the saturated colours.

Is it up to me though? Is it right to break someone away from what they're familiar to? Is it their choice to remain oblivious? Would they appreciate birdsong in a world filled with carhorn? I'd like to think so. Maybe they're all sleepers like me, but just don't know how to dream. Zzzz.

...or is there? My routine shifts into a different gear tomorrow. No more late nights, no more oversleeping. It's going to be... difficult.

My trip to the Karoo has been delayed by a fortnight. Poor Timing, Babysitting and their unlikely accomplice: Flu conspired to keep me in Cape Town. I'm not complaining, it feels like home here! I've got a week and a bit now to sort out a few odds and ends, maybe even meet a few people.

Shit, I look like I just got washed in with the last wave. My hair is in dire need of a cut, before I get mistaken for a werewolf in the middle of beastial metamorphosis. I need to shave too. But then, who cares? :D

This weekend I get to spend some quality time with my youngest brother Patrick, something the two of us never end up trying. Besides a busy Saturday it should be quite chilled. Can't wait to try some inline-skating with him, I suspect I've been skating a little more recently than him now, so we should be equally skilled. Maybe it's time to try skating backwards or jumping!

Next week Monday I'll be in Middleburg.

Mom got me a magnificent pair of binoculars for my birthday, Bushnell H20 10x42, completely waterproof. They're fantastic. I thought of omens, and dreams and how these binos are almost like the ticket across the Gibraltar for little Santiago. Something used to follow a dream. Looking forward. Zzzz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home