meta - phorical / amphetamine

Stream of good chemicals, coursing through my veins, tickling my nerves.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

My own paradox

I'm staring at my reflection. One side lit by the bedside lamp, the other cast in shadow from my genetic hand-me-down. I look with my eye bathed in the shadow and I see the other eye in the light. I look with my eye cast in the light and all it sees is shadow where the other should be. Why am I squinting at myself?

There's a paradox at play here.

There's a paradox at play here... and it shows nothing.

In the shadows I see twisting and contorting. My reflection of shadow is misleading and foul. In the light I see a tear form. I feel it burn up my skin as it drops away.

There's a paradox at play here.

There's a paradox at play here... and it feels nothing.

My eyes are talking to me, each their own message. On the one side I hear of grey, overcast skies, on the other the stories of adventure, experience and witness.

There's a paradox at play here.

There's a paradox at play here... and it says nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home