meta - phorical / amphetamine

Stream of good chemicals, coursing through my veins, tickling my nerves.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The following happened almost a month ago...

A belly full o' lovin'

I wish I could marry my mom. She puts so much effort into those around her, an effort often times that slips by unnoticed. She's that someone throwing the ball back over the wall or handing a lost wallet into lost and found.

Its been a slog of a few days, primarily due to my joburger sunburn getting me down. Here I am in the most beautiful city in South Africa, it's summer and I have to cower indoors like a vampire. The sunburn has taken 4 painful days to dissipate and now I'm peeling like I'm cold blooded. Sif.

10 days ago I left Joburg in my lonely car for Cape Town. It was a 2 day journey for me. I stopped off in Kimberley after the first 4-5 hours of driving. I had my bike packed in the car, so as soon as I was rooted in Kimberley, I got the bike out and took a sojourn through this odd capital of the Northern Cape. A brief cycle to the "Big Hole" was not only good fun but stirred many schoolhood memories of our trip to Kimberley.

As I cycled back to the porta-hotel or Hotel Formula 1, the heavens opened. How odd to be in the dry Northern Cape and experience the fury of a Joburg thunderstorm. That night Tom Robbins and I sat at a busy table and ate a rather mushy and disappointing burger. He told me of the story of perfume, but I was too distracted by the funny accents and children running through the restaurant.

Having a car with a decent stockade of fueled-power was a welcome ally on the lengthy Karoo trip. I was up early and eager to continue my journey. Queens of the Stone Age, Live, and a few other loud bands played, I sang along to keep myself occupied. The numerous trucks and idiotic caravan drivers kept me alert though, so before I knew it I was in Laingsberg where I met Andre and Theuns who had just left Cape Town 2 hours earlier. Was good to catch up.

Driving through the Hex River Valley and De Doorns on the Silver nDwagon was an experience I'll battle to forget. It's breathtakingly beautiful coming from the arid Karoo, stepping through the portal and being shown the awe and birth of the Berg with its green vineyard laden valley below.

A short trip after that and I was parked in front of my mom's new house in Vredekloof. I parked my ass down and 2 beers later I was in total relax mode. *sigh* I felt like I was home.

Questions

If you dream your available wife is pregnant but you're constantly thinking of someone else, someone more attractive, what does that say if your so single? So single. So single it hurts.

Like a stupid fucking stun gun that can't arc, one electrode gunning for it's missing partner. Pushing those electrons out into the nothingness in the awkward hope they'll find home, find their salvation, ascend. Even electrons have to be useful. What happens to electrons that are lost? Do they hold a charge? Or do they get locked up with the bums and strays of this life? Does the partner electrode actively seek these electrons or do the electrons find her?

The dumb flower with it's petals sown shut. The pollen inside busting to fulfill it's sole purpose. Sown so shut the bees can't fucking smell the prizes within.

The moronic tap that drips at night, the valve shot from too much pressure over too much time. It's purpose eroded. Shouldn't all taps just flow? Why do they need to hold back the surge of goodness within?

Open the tap, naive girl. I have a handle, use it. I'm built for one purpose, to fulfill you. "Je suis a toi."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home