meta - phorical / amphetamine

Stream of good chemicals, coursing through my veins, tickling my nerves.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Seventeenth of the Eleventh

Void, Null. One can't even shake an adjective out of the mental lucky packet to describe the last week. I'm losing track of my days. Anyway, this should break the 10 day drought. Last night, around 3:30PM I woke up after another whacky dream. I had my notepad and pen at the ready so jotted it down in the semi-dark. Here...

I'm with a family, the father figure reminds me of Bill Cosby, in fact, the whole family reminds me of the Cosby family. Bill's oldest daughter has a crush on me, she's shy for an 18 year old. There is someone else with me at the Cosby residence, a small complex unit in a beautiful autumn park estate. This person feels like a guardian and observer, maybe even a friend.

We leave the Cosby house and as we walk out the front door onto the common pathway / roadway, Bill's oldest daughter runs after us so we turn and face her and her mini-entourage of younger brothers and sisters. She approaches and gives me a light kiss, then shyly recoils. Her younger siblings giggle in their innocent ways. She's blushing. I face her and step closer, and she darts inside after putting a puzzled look on her face. The younger ones chuckle and follow her into the house.

I turn for the gate again. I look down to see that all the gardens are demarcated with hundreds of those hang-up knives and forks. You know, the ones with plastic handles that you can hang on a 6-item rack. All the metal bits are shoved into the ground, acting as mini-picket fences for the gardens in the complex units. I pull one out, the fork itself is huge! Twice the normal size at least. Our curiousity fades, so we walk to the complex entrance.

The complex itself is open-air, well spaced lots with tall Oak trees, Oak trees with hardly any branches at the lower regions, just tall trunks at eye level. It's autumn, so some golden leaves are perched on the bright green grass. It feels like it's over-cast, but that could be the trees blocking the light. I don't look up, just down.

Bill's youngest son (aged 8-10) has been running after us and finally catches up. He's playing the messenger boy for his father, we're to see the old man as soon as possible. A brief walk back to the Cosby house ensues. When we meet Bill inside, he asks us what happened to the 6 chocolate muffins we bought (at Woolworths). I don't really know the answer but I say: "I gave them to the children", lying about his kids, when I really mean I gave them to the children of the world.

For the 3rd time we leave the Cosby's. This time our walk takes us on an elevated road within the complex. High grass embankments on either side. Now I feel like I'm at a lake-side holiday resort, it feels Drakensberg-ish, but I can't see any of the mountains.

Our road out has a view over a lake-side road, within a stone's throw. To the right I hear a mighty freeflow exhaust sound, I say to my walking partner: "I know this car, it has a lot of power!". As it reveals itself from the right of my view, it looks like a bright yellow Toyota Conquest, but more "boxy". It has racing stickers all over it, with a bold navy blue 3 word phrase down the door panels, one of the words I can make out to be: "Acton". Perhaps a company name. [For some reason I'm associating this with the "Speend and Sound" livery I've seen on Subaru's.] As the car barrels down the road, I can now see that it actually has 8 wheels, 2 per axle with huge yellow rims, like tyre-less LEGO wheels. No rubber evident per wheel. The car makes a stuttering sound and the driver inside brings it to a halt right in front of us. Grating the gears, it groans as he picks up the revs. Instead of going forward, the car shunts abruptly in reverse, the driver hesitates then carries on going in reverse. Now the driver is not inside anymore and replaced with an overweight black man, dressed in a navy, sky blue and white basketball jacket and NY Yankees cap. He's sitting on top of the car as if it was a Go-Kart. What happens next really confuses me. As he's going in reverse, the car flips up onto one set of 4 wheels, with the other 4 in the air. He's driving it backwards with the car on the left side of wheels and the weight of the car on his road-bearing head.

The dream ended.

What do you think it means?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home