meta - phorical / amphetamine

Stream of good chemicals, coursing through my veins, tickling my nerves.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Add no infinitum please...

So anyway... that last blog was pretty sif. Sorry :/

I'm slowly plodding through the novel / handbook Nicole gave me on "The Right to Write". The book is pocket-plethora of inspiration for writing, but I just haven't committed to doing any. I'd rather read the book than break the reading-chain-of-thought by switching to the PC or paper. Watching TV is also bad for progress.

Many themes on the book touch on coincidental aspects of my own life, or how I even started looking at writing. A good example is how I used to write to myself to "show" those mean people a thing or two. Emotion fuels writing. Another example is how a simple walk on your own outdoors can open up ideas or bring clarity to those that seemed obscure. All in all let's just say Nicole is an inspired gift giver :) I love designers :)

Continuing on my theme of London, this weekend was action packed...

On Saturday, I got up early (or rather tried to :D) for breakfast and subsequently took the tube to South Kensington Station. A short walk through the subway and I emerged at the entrance to the Natural History Museum just after 11:00AM. The free entrance was a welcomed surprise, as was the content of the museum. The museum had two fancy exhibits on, the Wildlife photographer of the year as well as a massive diamond exhibit. I must have spent over an hour in the Wildlife Photography exhibit, most of the photos were truly awe inspiring. Some examples and some thoughts below...

The chimp
That feeling you get when you've had a long tiring day, that nothing else can go wrong because the worst has already happened, when you step outside and it starts to rain. You laugh at yourself, getting wet like a fool but you're enjoying it. Like the freedom after a slog through the sewerage at Shawshank, stripped to the bone of your humanity, exposing the realness of you. Embrace the heavens, embrace the giver of life your soul liberated, your smile extended, your conviction exposed.

...and...


Settled, rejuvenated. Ready for the next leg of this life-journey. Your past echoing behind you, the future calling before you. Potential born in each one of us, potential to fail in the frost or ascend on the air.

I guess you could picture me smirking like an idiot when I came across the chimp reaching for the termites, in the packed exhibit area. These little captioned images do little justice for the grandeur I was presented with.

The rest of museum was good, especially the gem-stone and life-sciences areas. I intended to visit the Science museum too, but it was already 3:30PM and my back was killing me from standing all day. I got back to the hotel, chilled for a while and gathered my strength for a night out on the town.

First stop was Battersea Park for the annual Guy Fawkes Fireworks evening. 2 beers, 20 minutes of fireworks and a brandy-'n-coke later I was feeling alive. So was my bladder, I was busting for a piss. :D After a train trip back to Victoria Station I was bursting at the seams so headed off to the loo's while everyone else shot the proverbial breeze. Afterwards we headed to one of the local pubs until they kicked us out at closing time. The rest of the evening was spent having cocktails and shooters over Monopoly and Music. The Monopoly didn't go down so well, but the music, booze and the friendly banter sure did! :D I got back to the hotel just before 4:30AM, another great night in the bag!

Sunday I chilled in the hotel lounge to a cappucino and an awesome burger, completing games of Sudoku in all the provided newspapers. (I'm such an addict :D)

That's the end of another sif entry. Thanks for payin' and stayin'.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:34 pm, Blogger Rahul said…

    It's been so long since I even commented on your blog. I feel kind of mesmerized by your style of writing n left speechless most of the times :P

    Excuses apart, you seem to be having a nice time as ever. And thanks for telling me. This time I'll surely carry an umbrella around :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home