meta - phorical / amphetamine

Stream of good chemicals, coursing through my veins, tickling my nerves.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Frustration (I'm sure I've used this word before)

Well well, my UK trip was delayed for another week, becuase the client wasn't ready. Which is good I guess, gives me more time to organise goodies before I make like an instinctless bird, flying north into winter.

This time, the adventure will be different. I'll have my own friends to chill with over weekends and I'll be going on my own. They always say that if you go on your own somewhere, you're bound to come out with more friends. I certainly felt this on my last trip to the US. Heck, I even asked someone special out on a date!

On the negative side, it means everyone thinks I'm in the UK already. (I'm sure you can picture the MSN transcripts.) It's my own fault for being so energetic about the whole thing, heh.

A week's delay also means another week of driving the scoob. It's going to be 3 weeks soon since I got it. Amazing how quick time flies, especially when you're having fun. :) Mike and Mom offered to sell my old car down in Cape Town and even organised a friend to drive it down for me. It certainly lifted a lot of weight off my shoulders knowing it's in their capable hands. I love you mom! :D

Clutch control proved a problem initially, especially for my oogle-eyed passengers. I had numerous complaints from one person specifically. No names mentioned. Granted, it was my second day of driving the noobwagon.

What a boring entry.

Everyday I see you before my vision clouds over, obscured by thoughts I dare not mention to you. My hand itches at the prospect that it could be on the back of your shoulder, light touch.

Do you know that when you smile at me, you're killing me inside? It's like a cancer getting a push toward the oblivion of it's host. Do you know that when you look at me the way you innocently do, you're burning holes through me?

Maybe you're not so oblivious, maybe you're actually playing me for the sucker I am. If I ever find out, I'll be morose for the fact that I've spent so much energy on one so thought and care less.

While you might know or think that I know and think you're my everything, you're also my everything because I'm truly alive when I love you. It's selfish that way but you bring out the best of me.

This one for a friend who's leaving for Canada, like forever.

If touch could be a messenger. Imagine! Even a fingertip to exposed skin is an explosion of emotion. A conduit for deep thought, a goddamn expressway of expression. Trucks on roids, cascade down the lanes delivering their payload. Their drivers crazy, keeping up a frantic pace, tired from the concentration required all this time. At the end of the route, salvation, reward and of course frothing cold beers served by big-tittied wenches. Not one driver knows what his iron steed has been hauling, only that the delivery is important and well paid for. The source, well known. The destination, dangerous. Damn these drug dealers.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:16 pm, Blogger divinity said…

    well i'm too lazy to open gmail and send you one..

    added you on orkut..

    i finally have pix that are better than upside down frowns..

    take a look.. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home