meta - phorical / amphetamine

Stream of good chemicals, coursing through my veins, tickling my nerves.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

When in Rome...

I found myself involved in an internal dilemna while travelling from my hotel room to the hotel cafe: "Why can't the entrance to the stairs be closer to the elevator?"

So much laziness in this country, but is it also efficiency? It probably takes me less time to scale the stairs to the 3rd (err, fourth) floor than to wait and take the elevator. If the entrane to the stairs was closer to the lobby it would be even faster, but then why am I taking the stairs in the first place?

I think its to do some exercise rather than being a truly lazy git and taking the elevator. So why am I moaning about having to walk further just to get to the stairs? heh.

...do as the romans do

Work is bad here. The company is a new, red-tape-tied-down beast that could easily rival big brother in clinical extremeity towards its own employees or "resources". I feel like the red-tape-rogue here, an outsider, free-thinking rebel.

This is corporate cubicle america. It is cold, unforgiving and clinical. I look forward to flying home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home