meta - phorical / amphetamine

Stream of good chemicals, coursing through my veins, tickling my nerves.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Day-jah-voo

Some of you may recall this blog entry: dreaming about boston and lost loves. Well, the weirdest thing happened today.

If you didn't know already, I'm in Boston as I'm typing this :) This time for 2 weeks on a short business project. Anyway, from that last link, you'll notice the bit:

I'm here to collect M's great aunt. We arrive in Boston, but the airport doesn't look familiar. Instead, I'm getting a documentary overview of the city, as if I was watching a tourist information clip about the city.

M's aunt and I are on a weird jerking tram system, it makes all the old ladies on it feel uncomrfortable, yet they know they're safe because they've done it so many times before. M's aunt is rattling off to me, telling me of many things, but I'm not paying attention, maybe even ignoring her. The tram weaves thru strange unknown parts of Boston and at one point all the old women aboard time it perfectly: They throw bread out the tram's open air windows into a lake which is already covered in soggy bread and a multitude of white and patchy geese.

Well, picture this. I've just spent 21 hours travelling from JHB to BOS, and as I step off the airplane walkway, I'm greeted with a huge photo spread on the wall.

The poster is of swans in a pond, below a bridge and a backdrop I distinctly remember from my dream. I stood there, gobsmacked. So, I took out the camera and took a snap. Unfortunately it didn't come out very well :(

I suspect the photo was there last time we landed in Boston, and I subconciously noted it. Weird how the brain can play back things.

Re-tracing steps

The bus trip to the terminal in Framingham brought back both excellent and bad memories alike. Its good to be back here actually.

I'm gonna be in Boston for a few days, then a team of us is heading over to Maryland, VA, for some project scoping. That should last a week.

Its now 5:45PM, I'm waiting for 6PM so I can scoot downstairs and grab something to eat before I die.

Feed the cats for me, and don't forget to switch off the lights before you leave every morning. I'll be home soon honey, love you lots.

Gratz to Jay on his 28th. Sorry I missed it. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home