meta - phorical / amphetamine

Stream of good chemicals, coursing through my veins, tickling my nerves.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

New beginnings, always exciting :)

I started an entry earlier today but for some reason I left it blank. Now it's time to fill it with some juicy goodness.

Some of you know me well enough to know I'm a tad too timid to try anything in the female relations department. Today was different. Today I popped a casual coffee-date proposal to someone who makes me tickle inside.

Picture this, I'm pacing back and forwards in my little hotel room, thinking about how best to approach the situation. I thought up outrageous plans, except maybe the one about serenading at her window. The only musical instrument I can play is a rhythym stick. So, I hopped onto MSN for advice from an online bud, the Almighty_1. :D He didn't help me much, but he pointed me in the agreeable right direction. After much deliberation I was off with a plan!

Boldly I paced down the stairs, room key and 10 dorra in hand. The plan was something like this:

  1. Acquire primary target, codename: "Ice Cream" from Hotel lobby fridge.
  2. Pay for said Ice Cream at the front desk, as is common practice, where our intended lass, code-name: "J" works. All the while avoiding detection.
  3. Scope for enemy hostiles, and move in to broadcast distance.
  4. Send encoded signal to "J", acquire response and vacate the area before Charlie arrives.

In reality, it went something like this:

  1. Successfully picked out an ice-cream flavour from the fridge.
  2. Waited in the queue for my chance to pay for the ice cream. Agent "J" was nowhere to be seen. Area was swarming with enemy hostiles. (I assumed Agent J had been discovered and taken into enemy custody). Reverted to Plan B.
  3. Left a short message with Agent J's sidekick.
  4. Charlie arrived, so I bolted.

and then...

  1. Agent J contacted me over the wired transceiving antenna. I play dumb, assuming the enemy could be listening in to our very converation.
  2. I forgot a frikkin spoon for the ice cream!
  3. I tell Agent J I will rendezvous with her at the Lobby, ETA: 1 min.
  4. Agent J points me in the direction of the pickup.
  5. Once again, the area was swarming with hostiles. I decided not to send the signal.
  6. I vacated the area and hurried off to the extraction point.

Frustrated, I was left with only one option. Phone her. Screw those commie bastards if they listen in, I've got to speak to her, alone! So, I dialled guest services.

*riiiing riiiiiiing*

*riiiing riiiiiiing*

*riiiing riiiiiiing*

*riiiiiiiing riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing*

Aside: "Oh noes, she's got my room number on her phone terminal! She's ignoring me!"

*riiiiiiiing riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing*

Aside: "Why doesn't she answer!"

*riiiiiiiiiiing riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing*

*click* I hung up the phone. I try busy myself with opening the ice cream... then my phone rings.

At this point when I answer the phone, I bet she could hear me smiling over the phone :)

"Coffee?" Her tone curious. "Sure! How about tomorrow!" She says. With a "woohoo" inside, I agreed and took down her number.

Right now, I'm typing this out, trying to eat rock-hard ice cream with a smile so wide. The ice cream is OK, but it doens't matter how good or bad it tastes, it's the best damn ice cream I've ever bought!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOOOT!!
    Strike one down for the good guys Blair!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home