meta - phorical / amphetamine

Stream of good chemicals, coursing through my veins, tickling my nerves.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Bobbys on the beat outside. Life put on hold.

Today has been surreal. I wasted 2 hours, found my alter-ego and gained 4 hours back. Now I just have to wait before life can continue.

I tried to check out of the hotel this morning, bright and crisp at 9AM. A record for the month so far. 2 and half hours later, with a broken credit card and my optimist's tail between my legs, I finally managed to leave the hotel.

Work went OK. Then work got a lot better when I started chatting to someone who not only interests me to the core, but seems so similar. We must have chatted about everything and then some. So involved, but thoroughly enjoyable. And I ain't tellin' who it is! :)

7:30PM and it's time to get my bags and check into my new hotel, the Hilton London Paddington nogal. So I mission downstairs the way I usually do, open the front door and wham, then it hits me. The smell of fresh pig. Well, no such thing. Foul Pig. There's a bobby outside my work door, and he won't let me out! Apparently the whole street has been cordened off because of a suspicious vehicle and we're not allowed to leave the building till the police give us the go ahead.

So, like curious children, my 3 late colleagues and I went upstairs and peeked out over the balcony. The whole of Picadilly lane is closed off. Police tape everywhere.

I feel droopy from my intense hunger and exhausting day, exhausting both physically and emotionally. Well, exhausted emotionally in a good sense. I'm still thinking of the heart-to-heart-over-IP.

I've got an idea for a writing topic, watch this space. And no, my muse is not a femme drenched in lust, but rather justamuse.

G'night and g'luck and stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home