meta - phorical / amphetamine

Stream of good chemicals, coursing through my veins, tickling my nerves.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Pooch on the porch in a puddle of self-pity

You've got this hold over me. It's all embracing, strong. There's nothing I can do to escape it.

It's like being the most energetic pooch ever, but being leashed by a 10 foot chain of steel.

All I want to do is go rolling in the mud, or play frisbee all day down at the park, instead, I choke on this restraint.

When you pet me, all is forgiven. I love you in a slobbery fest of energy and tail-wagging.

But I am just a simple minded dog, expensible and shorter lived than my master.

Do I leash myself? Is my master upset with me? Am I locked to this spot out of my own thoughtless actions? I promise to leave the cat alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home