meta - phorical / amphetamine

Stream of good chemicals, coursing through my veins, tickling my nerves.

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Whole again...

Its been a splendid and boring week. SepArate, conclude.

  • Work Hat

    Imagine being the only english speaker, maybe even british, in a sea of amazonian pygmies. Pygmies that feed off grubs and maize. You can't speak pygmy.

    Now imagine that you have to work with them in building a hotel, a hotel the likes of which, the world has never seen. It's mind blowing in stature and budget. It has the latest and greatest architecture, but the problem is, its being built by pygmies, and a tongue-less outsider suffering from Malaria.

    Not only do these pygmies prance around with little to nothing around their waists, but the women look terrible, at least I could use them to store all my pens. They're monkeys with advanced clicking routines (har har), does that make them human?

    I still haven't gone to see the shaman. He's a wise old man apparently (something I picked up from a rather vocal pygmylet, clicking and waving his hands like an orangutan on speed). I'm sure this shaman is doping the water supply.

    The village also has its own fresh supply of dodgy promiscuious women... ...and many happy clients.

  • Play Hat

    I haven't played warcraft for a week. Its kinda crap that way, cos I like the time to myself. But damn, after a busy weekend, who has time for that!

    On Saturday, Simon, Mandy and I drove to SixFlags New England. We arrived just before the crowds rocked up on a blistering hot autumn day, midday. This place makes Ratanga Junction look spastic. 8 roller-coasters, bungee chairs, water rides as far as the eye can see. Wow!

    The first ride we went on, after much deliberation, was the Bungee Chair (don't know what its really called, but its basically a chair you sit in, that shoots up a rail, all on air. Strapping in, I was quite nervous, visibly shaking hands and talking crap. We had queued for 30 minutes or so, just for this ride. Strapped in, we all had apprehensive smiles on our faces. The chair lifted slightly to measure the weight of its occupants and start filling the huge air cylinder within the rail column. In what must have been a split second, we were at the top of the 50-70m column, screaming our asses off like hysterical children. What a rush!

    Simon ended up being 2 inches too tall for the Superman ride, which in my opinion was the best ride in the park. Whilst Mandy and I queued, two people fainted in the heat! It was about an hour long queue which left us relieved after the sign said it would be 90-120minutes.

    For my first experience on a roller-coaster, it was truly amazing. I was squealing like a girl the whole trip, heavy positive G's, followed immediately by mind-blowing negative G's. Very smooth. Sheesh, I can still feel that exhiliration. Mandy wasn't really vocal on the ride, but I was going: "OH MY WOOORD!!!" and "YEEEHAAA!!!". Hehe :)

    The rest of the rides were a bit of an anti-climax, especially after the onsetting low of the receding adrenaline. Also, I think I was spoilt by taking the best roller coaster first. After a short lunch, we ventured deeper into the park. Batman was kewl, you sat in chairs that allowed you to dangle your feet over the edge. Much more jinking, Mandy bumped her head against the side of the restrainers. :( Otherwise, too short!

    We went on some of the older wooden roller coasters, rickety is surely the word to describe these machines. Bone crunching. The last ride we took at the park was a terribly old coaster, Simon and I sat in the last row, one of the drops, it felt like my spine had been compacted! Sheesh.

    The drive home was long, but it was good to get back to the hotel. I crashed.

    Sunday was spent in town, after driving in, we walked to the nearest station and took a train towards the Gardner Musuem, south of Fenway Park. Here, we saw the first evidence of crimes, baseball smashed windscreens in parked cars. Dodgy hood. The Gardner musuem was amazing, an old house, whos owner saught to collect fine arts, works of Rapheal, Rembrandt. Some of the art was inspiring, but I think we spent too much time there. We made it back to the general vicinity of our car park, then did some shopping. Prudential Center, Copley Square, sheesh, a shoppers dream. But insanely busy. :(

    After dropping Simon off at the airport, we drove the hour-long-trip back home and settled in for the night after doing washing and going over a few photos.

    Today was spent on my back, watching back to back episodes of Law and Order, followed by some Warcraft and a great walk around Westborough. I installed Tribes Vengeance on my laptop again, and this time it worked! Albeit at 640x480. :( Still, its playable and loads of fun!

  • That grey area where hats don't fit

    Mandy got me thinking quite a bit about the trip here. She's feeling homesick, probably due to the new environnment here. Its been little over 9 days for her now. Anyway, this time this trip is totally different. I've refused to spend any over-time on any of the projects I'm busy on, probably cos I'm not that visible on the project and doing some real lousy work. So, its like my heart is not in it. I'll give it another week to decide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home