meta - phorical / amphetamine

Stream of good chemicals, coursing through my veins, tickling my nerves.

Monday, August 02, 2004

Almost a week terug

I think it took me almost 3 days to recover properly from differing timezones and little-to-no-sleep. Friday, we had an awesome day at Kyalami with the team, doing the BMW advanced driving course. I can still remember Carla's whoops of elation experienced in sliding a BMW thru 360 degrees, narrowly avoiding the instructor and coming to a halt off the skidpan. Some great times indeed, adrenaline highs and the onset of the lows.
My faith in the company is always improving, we've got a great team, all humble, all in it for each other. If ever there was a company I feel I could grow in, it would be Consology. You guys rock!
Weird that I'd think of a company that way, I've been from bad to worse in previous employment, the loose and cold feeling of a huge corprate to a tight and overzealous office run out of a home.

Now that I'm back, things feel weird, exciting and downright scary, all at the same time. Its great to be amongst my friends again. Overseas, I resorted to keeping up to date with friends over MSN Messenger, and making some great new chat friends from all the four corners of the globe. Now, back in this situation, its like I have little time for chat buddies. Weird that. Its great to feel like I'm home, but I think I'm outgrowing my current place-where-I-rest-my-head. After not having played games for almost 2 months, and now having played games almost all weekend, I almost feel sick, almost. (Grr, too much almost)

I miss such simple pleasures as efficiency, exercise and summer. Winter here is just-plain-crap. I'm also in limbo of sorts. Edocs want us back on the 13th of August for another salvo, this time 3-6 months. Winter in the States could be just-plain-nerve-racking, but another first-time experience.
Tomorrow, I start work on an Edocs project from the Consology offices. I've got to do some analytical work, something I haven't done for ages and should have more experience in. Pity, I was looking forward to working with the local crew. :(

Hmm, work work work. Blah blah fishpaste. How about something else...

I'm at that point in my life where I should consider starting investments. Playing the stock excahange game, buying a house, that sorta thing. It'll just have to wait for a few months while I earn some collateral and build my career 7000miles away. (Grr, work is back)

Ooer, on Tuesday, in my half-dazed state, I went with the boys to watch Hidalgo. It made me think of Gladiator in many scenses, probably due to the filming effects such as the parched out exposure and the focusing on the charcter's features. For horse lovers, this movie would be an epic. The plot wore a bit thin, but the message was good.

I woke up this morning, only after dreaming of Wacom Tablets. What can one interpret from that? Maybe: The bridge between biology and machinery? Or: The better tools of expression? How about: Feeling freedom in terms of creation? What do tablet owners think of their little tools? (Not those tools!) Whacked.

OK, this is bad. I've spent an entire journal entry rattling off about my life. Time to float...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home