meta - phorical / amphetamine

Stream of good chemicals, coursing through my veins, tickling my nerves.

Thursday, July 08, 2004

25.02739726027397260273972602739726 years old

A new month, a new year, a new journal entry. New chances at life, new opportunities, new enemies and new friends. One specially new friend, someone I can *really* talk to. What a kewl birthday present - thanks Agent J for introducing us and Agent K for being who you are.

I feel stoked, its amazing what a weekend away can do for your spirits.

Washington DC, the sequel.

Manhattan from da sky It all started early on Saturday morning, too early in fact. Remember what I was saying about efficiency? We parked at a bus terminal and caught a bus into the airport. Like clock work, the buses leave on the hour for the rather busy airport that is Logan International. We self-checked-in and boarded the 737 destined for New York's La Guardia Aiport. NYC is AMAZING from the air! There after we boarded another connecting flight to Baltimore / Washington International. It was a snazzy Dash8 32 seater, bumpy, but nice to fly in a prop-driven airplane again.

Not tired enough to smile... Chris and Heidi collected us from the airport, and after a little shopping we managed to put our bags down. Just when we thought we could sit down, Chris had arranged for us to go meet some friends, on our bicycles.

A few hours later my body was in total agony, but my mind was bouncing up and down like an excited toddler, we completed about 30 kilometers that day cruising Rock Creek Park on the bikes. They have tunnels for bicycles in DC! It was an amazing experience. We stopped off to get some beers and Gareth's Camera took the timed shot of me trying to pull a smile through the dizziness.

Trapped :( On our return we came accross this poor soul, trapped between a busy road and a fence. She was panting and shaking, not happy about her circumstances :/ We thought it better to move on as some others tried to herd her back to the park. I arrived home sweating like a convict on execution day, Washington is VERY humid, worse than Durban I rate. That night, we had an awesome home-cooked-meal-ala-Heidi-again with good friends. I remember going to sleep that night feeling satisfied. Gareth, Chris, Chris and Paul went out boozing. :D

The next day was a lazy one, the type I could picture doing for the rest of my life. We all woke up late, then mozied our way through to Chris and Heather's place for a waffle breakfast. Followed by an entertaining round of Cranium, in which Gareth and Chris were visibly fading. We left for a few zeds cos that night was gonna be busy :D

Our building! Picture it, or just clicky! Chris G had arranged for us to sit on the roof of this building from 8 onwards... The clouds were very low, and jumbos lit up the sky coming into land over the Potomac at Reagan International. The light gradually faded, Arlington burned bright from accross the river and people flooded the boardwalks 8 storeys below us. A few beers later, it started. 30 minutes of fiercy firey passion, kaleidoscopes of colour. $250 000 worth of the best fireworks I've ever seen. It was nothing short of spectacular. I'm just sorry I don't have any photos to share, they wouldn't do it justice.

A group photo! That pretty much meant we had an excellent evening with good friends. Time was indeed well spent. That night, I fell asleep to the same feelings from the night before. 2-0, go happiness!

Monday was a public holiday as a follow on from the 4th. I lazed around while Chris and Gareth did more cycling, and that night we had a delicious meal over at Georgia Brown's in downtown Washington. Chris introduced us to a very nice wine and fried green tomatoes. This was my birthday time. The next day, my 25th, we were up early to return to Boston for work. At about 6AM the SMS's started. Thanks for all the wishes everyone!

Work? Damn.

Work is getting boring, especially after having such a wicked weekend and now getting back to robot work. I hate not being challenged, well, my patience is being challenged, but still. If you're not learning anything you should find something else I reckon. I was to do some stuff for BT.com but they're so backwards its scary. They PAY a company to produce designs for them, pity these numbnuts have no clue on technical standards. Their designs are uber though. Check em out at www.agency.com. Dorks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home