meta - phorical / amphetamine

Stream of good chemicals, coursing through my veins, tickling my nerves.

Monday, July 19, 2004

So this is what its all about...

On Saturday I spent about $600 on various gifts, clothes and sutff, all the while having fun doing it! We've been getting a per diem allowance since we arrived here: $50 a day for food, gas*err*petrol, and other amenities. Like typical South African's we've been carpooling everywhere, eating bread and soup and watching excess expenditure. Today we splashed out.

Yeah, 1 week now till we return. I'm looking forward to it.

Watched an episode of Def Poetry last night. Stimulating.

A beggar and a liar, a streetfool hermit hooked on haze, hand-me-downs and honourless offerings. Handouts are appreciated but the taste doesn't persist, like cheap bubblegum, better used at the bottom of a shoe.
How did I end up here, on the side of a road, hidden away in an alleyway, festering with the rats and roaches of this life. How could anyone droop this low.
I feel so dirty, that not even a trip through a carwash on the roofrack would help. I feel dirty inside, forgotten and alone. Like the blood on Macbeth's hands, you can never wash it off. It's so dirty inside.
You pay me for my services as a hopeless soul, the one making you think you could be worse off, gratifying yourself with what you have, as if a nickel or a quarter is paying homage to your own dignity or keeps you from falling this low. I have to spend everything you give me on escaping this tiring reality.
Might as well enjoy myself while I can right? Who needs food for the body when you can lick intently on the delicacies of the brain. It's too cold here anyway. I need something to light me up from inside.
Do you really think you're helping me when you dish out your spare change? Sure, my hand is extended...
...but its not asking for money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home