meta - phorical / amphetamine

Stream of good chemicals, coursing through my veins, tickling my nerves.

Friday, August 06, 2004

Dreams and their meanings

Last night, or rather, this morning, I had a really vivid dream. I almost forgot about it, but there was something so insanely visual about it that I remembered, and therefore remembered the rest of the dream. I'd like to know what you guys interpret from such a dream.

I'm on a beach at sunset. Think of that beach in Contact. The beach has a really slow slope towards the water, white fine sand, like linen under the feet.

The water is very still, not a wave in sight, yet the water is crisp and clean. Dark blue, almost navy.

The air is warm, giving a temperate or tropical feeling. There is no wind, pronouncing the stillness of the water.

The more I look at the low sun, the more it seems to disappear. I know its still there, cos I can feel the warmth it emits. Each time I try look at the sun setting, the more the sun fades into obscurity and the darker the sky becomes around it, yet the rest of the sky is a bright cyan.

Soon the horizon is literally melting [heh, thanks Kerry :D] into the water, as the colours mix. The sky becomes dark blue, and a few of the stars are starting to shine through.

Stars become little flashlights almost, pointed directly at me. They're bleached white, yet emit expanding rings of setting-sun-coloured gas and fire. Almost like they're going supernova, over and over.

There are a few dominant stars doing this, I can feel the radiation.

I feel like I'm walking with someone I know and trust at this stage, as we continue walking along the beach... Until we come across a group of people playing in the water. Some beached whales, the usual holiday fraternity.

I feel like we're at a holiday resort.

Then I focus on one individual, a stocky, short-back-and-sides haircut jock, waist deep in the water. He has a terrible sunburn pattern, stretching from his jaw line, to just above his muscular shoulders. It is as rosey as drying blood. As if he was wearing a helmet and a low cut blouse and lay in the sun all day. The rest of his back and arms were fine.

I remember walking up to him and saying something along the lines of: "Dude, you're burning! You should get out of the sun!"

Then the dream ended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home