meta - phorical / amphetamine

Stream of good chemicals, coursing through my veins, tickling my nerves.

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Cognac and mixed new experiences, neat.

I was fortunate enough to have a guided tour through the avenues of mentorship, cognac and sushi last night. A friend from the office became a good friend in the space of 4 hours. 4 hours I spend contemplating for much longer than 4 hours :)

It all started with good quality red wine (well it tasted good at any rate) and sushi. A much better experience in sushi than my first. While she was teaching me the finer art of japanese cuisine, she was also imparting much knowledge. Here's a gal I knew very little of and ended up sharing a great evening with.

After watching the wine disappear and mulling over the taste of sushi, we decided to head through to another restaurant that featured a lounge with a live jazz trio. Sipping on Mojitos, and a Mangarita later, idly chatting openly about such things as our make up (no, not make-up) the evening was almost over. Well, my guide through these new experiences wasn't going to let me go to sleep without sharing the Cognac Experience™ with me. She's a very talented photographer, so we went over a few of her pieces and savoured (and sometimes choked :D) on the Cognac. I was learning how to be cultured! Mom would be proud :)

This morning, the drowsiness of the hangover was soon superceded by the graceful thoughts of reliving such a pleasant evening. An experience I wish to repeat when the opportunity arises again. Reach out people. Try new things.

nnnDorfin - a net novel

A while ago I created a new blog template on blogspot. I've been mulling over a few novel ideas, and secured 3 so far. I'm gonna give the NaNoWriMo a go, just for the hell of it. Watch this space.

The first idea is based on my passion for central american culture. More specifically the advent of Quetzalcoatl in Mayan / Toltec culture. (JFGI). It will require a lot more research than I hoped, but it'll be good for me. The second, a psychological drama of a young man and his adventures through paradise. And lastly, but certainly the most cheesy, a solider story with a twist(ed pair). Maybe my NaNoWriMo could be the three short stories together. We'll see. 30 000 words is an achievement on its own, something I haven't reached through all this blogging yet (well, what little I have written :D).

Another weekend - to be spent

Tonight we're heading off to Worcester (the one in MA, not SA :D) to do some ice skating, then tomorrow its Mandy's birthday. We're gonna go check out the Musuem of Fine Arts, followed by some shopping and then hooking up with buddies at the Hard Rock Cafe.

My CD's arrived today. I got 7 CD's for $100, R100 a CD in my opinion is not bad! These include:

  • Adema - Adema (Thought: What the hell!)
  • Dave Matthews Band - Crash (Really enjoying his stuff, so I splashed out on his classics)
  • Filter - Title of record (Looking forward to this one)
  • Groove Armada - Goodbye Country (Hello Nightclub) (Just cos its kewl)
  • KoRn - Greatest Hits (Word up!)
  • Madonna - Ray of light (Bought this for my mom when it came out, been missing it like I miss my mom :/
  • St. Germain - Tourist (My theme songs for my experiences over here)

I look forward to seeing all my friends and family when I return to SA on the 13th. Can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home