meta - phorical / amphetamine

Stream of good chemicals, coursing through my veins, tickling my nerves.

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Hopeless / O'Bliss

What an awesome week I've had, I hope all 3 of you reading are jealous, just cos I used the word "awesome" again. Friday morning, woke up at 0430, cruised through to the airport at 0530 only to queue for an hour. Its all worth it I guess since the ticket cost R550 return (be jealous some more mortals!)

Friday was tiring, helping out with the wedding plans, since I was staying with the family. I haven't seen these people for 4 years but it felt like I was just there yesterday. I've never drunk so much over such an extended period. Saturday was better, went to see some more folks, catch up on the happenings. One such enlightening topic of conversation was the following...

A while back a dear family of friends lost their mother to a suicide. For ages we questioned why, such a selfish thing to do, especially with having 2 children to leave behind. Well, those questions were answered in a way, turns out the father was an abuser. While suicide is not the answer, I can understand why such action was taken. Problem is, the lesson hasn't been learnt and the father is still an abusive prick. even to his new s/o.

If there was one theme for this week though, it would have to be love. The wedding was beautiful, the bride and groom made a picture-perfect couple, relatives came from far and wide yet the reception reeked of debauchery. I have never seen people trying so hard to get drunk. I have never seen such open pervertedness in the form of the groom's father, chatting and getting vatterig with all the women except his wife at the wedding reception. A stuffed up speech from the father of the bride. Such things happen I guess, pass me another beer please Mr. Waiter. But wow, such gorgeous women. :) (Before and after the beers, or was I merry the whole weekend?!?) Didn't have much oppurtunity to ask for phone numbers and such, as they either had jocks attached to their shoulders or I didn't bother. Do I have to bother?

Sunday, met up with some more mates, caught up on old times, watched some TV for the first time in months. ("Birdy" is a hectic psychological drama.) Monday was equally chilled, and ended when I flew back at 2000, 45 minutes of chatting, to a special someone. So I asked for her number... :) Ever have that, where you talk, and she/he listens and actually adds value to the conversation? I felt like I could talk to her about anything and she would still be interested. I'm looking forward to meeting her a second time, She's great.

In that moment I wore my heart on my sleeve. I was open for abuse, but also open to honesty, love, compassion. She had the key, opened my lock with a click, the key was engineered to fit. Inside, machinations occured, it was a natural process. Why did it have to be locked in the first place? With a creaky tug, the door popped open and all the goodness from within was revealed. Eyes onto focused retinas relayed images of a bond. A hand reach in and touched the inside. Touch is the best of the 5 senses without a doubt. Its eternal, occurs all over, works both ways. Sight is selfish, sound is selective, smell is 1 dimensional, taste is tasteless, but when two people come together and touch, there is a conduit of feeling, a bridge of thought. Don't abuse it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home