meta - phorical / amphetamine

Stream of good chemicals, coursing through my veins, tickling my nerves.

Thursday, April 08, 2004

hello, goodbye

Back from an awesome break. Feeling wasted-tired, will feel wasted-tired tomorrow too when I wake up at 0430.
I'm reading ChickenHawk by Robert Mason, an autobiography by a American Vietnam Chopper Pilot. Just what I need to read: war stories are great emotional trips, add my dreams of being a chopper pilot and you've got a book I actually WANT to read. In between the reading I was somewhere halfway to Maputo, enjoying the crisp escarpment air, wild sounds and of course the smell of thatch and bushveld. Oh, and coughing on second-hand tobacco smoke. *sigh*. 3/5 days were spent indoors due to the rain, but it was great to be out there again. The house we stayed in was absolutely amazing, dressed to the nines, making JHB North homes look like houses-of-cards. 7 of us, our own bush-spotting land rover and 5 days to do anything we wanted. So we drank, played games, drove the "landie" stukkend. :)

I can like to wear a jean pant

Its been good to be distant for a while, switched off my cellphone, and focused on chilling out. What really irked me about the weekend was the total lack of nature-appreciation. Are we losing touch?

There I was, finally alone. I was at my most humble here, naked in thought. I understood the balance, the right and the wrong, equal in measure but never dealt when not required. I lived off the land and the land lived off me. That moment was all defining, when it stood out of the bush and motioned towards me. Sheepishly watching my reaction,s ready to bolt at a hint of aggresiveness. Humans can't be trusted. I stood still until I realised how I looked. Knees in the earth, face in the grass I opened myself up. She dropped her guard a little and came closer. I could smell her now. Warm, wet, her tongue tickled my ear, I chuckled under my breath then slowly let it out, she continued. I lifted my head and felt loved.

night, goodmorning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home